St Helena are currently looking for a Locum Biomedical Scientist to cover a 3 month locum starting ASAP
You would be assisting in the provision of laboratory services, carrying out, and supervising technical and scientific work in all sections of the laboratory under the direction of Lab Manager.
The island of St Helena is Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom located in the South Atlantic approximately 4,000 miles from the UK.
The island’s population is around 4,500. It offers a unique environment in which to work and live, with a variety of outdoor activities in a beautiful setting. Families with younger children will find it safe and welcoming, and there are excellent accommodation options.
- Salary: £35,000 pa (pro rata'd for legnth of locum)
- Lower tax rates!
- An International Supplement
- Relocation Allowances
- Annual Pension Contribution of 7.5% of salary
- Annual Leave of 30 days per annum plus Public Holidays
- The opportunity to experience great weather and a different way of life!
- Undertake routine laboratory techniques in line with department’s standard operating procedures.
- Record information on the pathology computer system and ensure it complies with national and local data standards.
- Assess, initiate and monitor appropriate action when a situation may compromise service delivery.
- Communicate results as appropriate.
- Liaise with clinical staff to ensure optimal service delivery.
- Undertake routine operative maintenance on laboratory instrumentation.
- Honours Degree in Biomedical Sciences (or equivalent)
- Current Registration as a Biomedical Scientist with HCPC
- At least 5 years post HCPC registration
- Evidence of participation in mandatory courses and CPD
- Competent in routine laboratory techniques and troubleshooting
- Experience in the disciplines of Blood Sciences and Transfusion
- Experience with a computerised laboratory information system
- Phlebotomy practical experience
If you are interested and have the necessary experience, please apply!