Singapore is official regarded as the safest city in the world and with over 1.5 million ex-pats calling this city state home, you will never be short of friends!
The healthcare system is growing exponentially from now until 2030 and now is the time to enjoy all of the benefits of furthering your career in an international environment, in a forward thinking, English speaking country. Singapore offers a true feel of all that South East Asia has to offer while providing world-class services you would expect to find in Europe’s top cities. If you are an Infectious Diseases specialist and thinking of a career change, please do get in touch.
What’s on offer?
- Award-winning 1000 bed hospital
- Large, public hospital with teaching opportunities
- Family friendly hospital with childcare facilities
- Salaries packages average 160,000 – 200,000 UK Pounds equivalent
- Performance bonuses are available as well as annual salary increments (included in the overall package above)
- Housing and relocation assistance provided for foreign applicants
- 3 year contract
- A very low tax rate or 12.5% - 15% – that means more income left over for you to spend!
What are we looking for?
As an ID specialist, with relevant working experience in the acute hospital, community infections and HIV infections, any experience with ASP (antibiotic stewardship) will be greatly advantageous. There will be some exaptation to also see Internal Medicine patients so dual CCT will be essential to meet the Singapore medical council requirements (please discuss further with Amanda for details)
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
Please note that the career path for a specialist in Singapore follows Associate consultant, Consultant and Senior consultant. We are supporting with hiring of specialists at Consultant level and Senior Consultant level.
Singapore is a cosmopolitan city populated with high-rise buildings and landscape gardens. Brimming with a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture, Singapore is a dynamic city that’s rich in contrast and colour that embodies the finest of both East and West.
There are numerous shopping malls, museums, and dining and entertainment hotspots to choose from. Alternatively, you could choose to discover Singapore’s old world charm. You can explore and experience the island’s key historical landmarks or memorials or you could embark on a heritage trail and enjoy the sights and sounds at various cultural precincts, notably Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam.
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself