Are you a Consultant in Intensive Care Medicine interested in a single or multi-speciality role?
Based in Margate, you’ll be working for one of the largest trusts in England who put value into helping you build a career around your family and interests. The trust are also firm believers in paving the way for the next generation of Doctors, giving you the chance to teach, mentor and inspire in your own particular style.
- £20,000 welcome premium!
- Work in unit fitted with the latest technology
- Walking distance from the beautiful Margate Beach
- Provide a consultant delivered service in the critical care department
- Assist Critical Care Outreach Team in the care of critically ill patients
- Take part in teaching and supervising ITU trainees
- Be available for one-in-eight intensive care on-call (on-call is only for intensive care)
- Full GMC Registration
- CCT Specialist Registration (or will obtain within 6 months of interview date) in intensive care medicine and one of anaesthetics, emergency medicine or acute medicine
- Knowledge and experience of caring for critically ill adults and children
- Wide experience of one of: anaesthesia, emergency medicine or acute medicine
- Previous NHS experience
- Experience of teaching
- Audit participation
Please call Sandip on 0131 370 0092 for an informal discussion.
A bit more…
The hospital is a vibrant district general hospital and specialist centre for gynaecological cancer, providing emergency and elective services and comprehensive trauma, orthopaedic, obstetrics, general surgery and paediatric services within a coastal and rural geography. With modern operating theatres and an ITU, a Cardiac Catheter Laboratory, a Renal satellite service and Cancer Unit and co-located adult and elderly mental health facilities, it has attracted national investment with funding to expand it’s busy emergency floor.
Margate and it’s surrounding coastal towns and villages provide beautiful beaches, charming places of historic interest and stunning countryside. With excellent schools, a wealth of leisure facilities and easy family days out on your doorstep, alongside beautiful and affordable housing stock, the perfect work-life balance couldn’t be easier to achieve.