HOSPITALIST - INTERNAL MEDICINE CONSULTANT
We are actively looking for a General Medical Physician Internal Medicine Physician / Hospitalist to join our highly skilled team in a permanent, full-time position.
- You will work within a small team of 7 providing General Medical / Physician services doing a mix of acute calls, admissions, ward rounds and clinics.
- Monday to Friday roster with calls being 1:6
- Whanganui has a level 2 hospital
- While we are looking for a true generalist - we will support you to work in a sub-speciality interest if you would like to.
What's in it for you
In addition to joining a highly-skilled and dedicated team in a picturesque part of the North Island, you will receive an attractive remuneration package of $316,252 - $405,775 plus 6% Kiwi Saver.
You will also enjoy a range of additional benefits and allowances, including:
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, including financial support and 10 days paid training leave
- 6 weeks paid holidays
- Relocation assistance to ensure a smooth transition for you
- Housing and transport provided on arrival
- Support through the registration and immigration processes
- Opportunities to mentor and develop more junior doctors/physicians
- A relaxed lifestyle living in a picturesque regional location
You will join an organisation that genuinely cares about its people and has created systems to ensure patient workload is manageable and that staff enjoy exceptional work-life balance.
We are keen to talk with you if you are Board Certified in Internal Medicine and thrive working in a supportive team.
The Whanganui region offers the opportunity to explore the natural beauty of New Zealand's North Island. Whether you are into water sports, cycling or mountain activities, you will have all of these at your doorstep. As one of the oldest settled towns in New Zealand, Whanganui also boasts a thriving culture and arts scene, including the Royal Opera House. Additionally, you are still close enough to Wellington or Auckland for a quick visit, but you won't miss the congestion or the cost of living.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.