- Salary: £85,000pa (total remuneration c. £100,000 including allowances)
- An International Supplement
- Relocation Allowances
- Annual Pension Contribution of 7.5% of salary
- Annual Leave of 30 days per annum plus Public Holidays
Are you a GP looking for a new adventure for you and your family? St Helena is one of the remotest places on Earth and the island offers a unique environment in which to work and live, with a variety of outdoor activities in a beautiful setting. Families with younger children will find it safe and welcoming and there are excellent accommodation options.
- Serve as the clinical champion for preventive service development.
- With support from overseas specialists and using local therapeutic guidelines and protocols, you will also be expected to deal with paediatrics, ENT and ophthalmology patients.
- Involved in training of healthcare staff, your clinical governance work will include audits, clinical outcome data collation and reporting.
- Taking care of in-patients, you will be on the primary on-call rota (approximately 1 in 4) in the triage and attendance of urgent care and emergencies.
- There will be on-call cover from specialist colleagues in anaesthetics/intensive care, general surgery, and obstetrics/gynaecology.
- You will also attend clinical emergencies and urgent care duties, incident management, outbreak response and other healthcare emergencies. This role reports into the Chief Medical Officer.
You should have full GMC registration or equivalent and good standing with that body. An interest in chronic disease management (Long Term Conditions) and/or Public Health Medicine would be an advantage.
For a confidential discussion, full job spec and to apply please get in touch immediately...