We are very excited to be assisting in the recruitment for the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar and have Locum opportunities for Registered Paramedics and Registered General Nurses. Contract duration is around 3 months with expected joining date being mid-September.
You will be employed Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) who are the main provider of secondary and tertiary healthcare in Qatar and one of the leading hospital providers in the Middle East.
The Locum Event Practitioner is a key role to the delivery of a patient focused care during the FIFA World Cup 2022. The Locum Event Practitioner will be a senior member of the medical team across event sites and will, on occasion, be required to provide direct supervision and clinical leadership to a team assigned to them. The Locum Event Practitioner will be required to work on a flexible shift basis for the duration of the event and will be assigned to a specific event location but may be reassigned as the event progresses. Further, the duties of a Locum Event Practitioner are delivered in an out of hospital environment related to the cover of events. Candidates should be comfortable conducting their duties in such a temporary/out of hospital environment.
1. To deliver high quality immediate medical assistance assessing patients’ clinical needs and then referring or discharging from the scene as appropriate
2. Work to Hamad Medical Corporation Ambulance Service (HMCAS) Clinical Practice Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and the clinical scope of an HMCAS Ambulance Paramedic
3. Where appropriate and clearly identified take delegated responsibility for delivery of clinical care within their service delivery area as part of the clinical Team ensuring close liaison with HMCAS duty supervisory/managerial structure.
4. In collaboration with other team members, ensure effective management and provision of all clinical access, effectiveness, or communication operations, without compromising patient care.
5. Co-ordinate effective hand-over at shift change times to avoid any adverse impact on clinical access, effectiveness and communications quality and performance measures.
6. To be responsible for staff welfare and support where appropriate.
7. Promote and ensure best practice employee relations with emphasis on communications, equal opportunities, diversity, health and safety and attendance management.
8. Manage both clinical and non-clinical risks. This will involve identifying and escalating risks appropriately and implementing plans to mitigate them where required.
9. To ensure that their service delivery area is prepared and adequately resourced to manage multiple casualty incidents (MCI) and other major incidents in line with event plans.
10. Practices according to the Hamad Medical Corporation Ambulance Service Code of Professional Conduct.
Educational Requirements to meet DHP licensure requirements as a Paramedic or Registered General Nurse as per the following: -
Paramedic, one of the following: -
1. UK: an approved program leading to eligibility to register with the Health Care Professions Council - UK as a paramedic, OR
2. Canadian Primary Care Paramedic, OR
3. Australian: Diploma or degree in Paramedicine, OR
4. South African HPCSA Registered Diploma: Emergency Care Technician, OR
5. New Zealand based diploma of paramedic science, OR
6. Completion of a relevant program or equivalent which is recognized by the national regulatory body and by DHP Qatar.
Registered General Nurse, one of the following: -
1. Bachelor’s Degree in nursing (4 years), OR
2. Diploma in Nursing: 3 years after graduation from high school (12 years), OR
3. Associate degree in nursing in condition of being licensed as Registered General Nurse.
Minimum of 4 years’ experience in one of the following areas:
1. Ambulance Service
2. Pre-hospital care
3. Event medicine
4. Emergency department or urgent care setting
5. Mental health or prison service
6. Military medical experience
7. Expedition medicine
8. Offshore medical care e.g. oil rig
Paramedics and Nurses must be currently registered to practice in one of the following countries;
United Kingdom, Ireland, Denmark, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa
If this exciting opportunity is of interest and you would like further information, please email a copy of your current cv in the first instance to email@example.com