- Are you a qualified ENT Specialist looking for an attractive role in a stunning regional setting?
- Attractive remuneration package + 6% Kiwi Saver
- Ongoing training and development, including financial support for 10 days of continuing medical training and relocation assistance provided
- Great place for families
- Outdoor lover's paradise
About the role Whanganui is committed to providing patients with the best possible personalised care available in a small hospital, with all the benefits of having state-of-the-art technology at its disposal.
We are looking for an ENT Specialist to join our team to provide high quality care and to improve equity and health outcomes for the Whanganui Community.
Our hospital is a well-resourced centre, proud of its comprehensive range of services including spiral CT, 1.5T MRI, Resuscitation bay, Acute Assessment Unit, Critical Care Unit, Assessment, Treatment & Rehabilitation Ward/Acute Stroke Unit, Medical ward, Surgical Ward, Children's ward, maternity unit, acute mental health ward (adult), operating theatres, ambulatory clinics, community-based clinics that support the people of Whanganui in their health journey.
What's in it for you
We recognise the importance of a work-life balance so take advantage of all the region has to offer! If you're keen to get outdoors – get out on the nearby ski fields, canoe down the river or hike the gorgeous walking tracks. If you love arts and culture, we have plenty for you to do at our Sarjeant Gallery, NZ glassworks or immerse yourself in the murals around town!
There's something for everyone!
You will also enjoy a range of additional benefits and allowances, including:
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, including financial support up to $16,000 per year for continuing medical training
- Relocation assistance to ensure a smooth transition for you
- Opportunities to mentor and develop more junior doctors
- The relaxed lifestyle living in a picturesque region
You will join an organisation that genuinely cares about its people and has created systems to ensure patient workload is manageable and that staff enjoy exceptional work-life balance.
Whanganui has a busy 15 bed Emergency Department, 5 bed Acute Assessment unit and 6 bed critical care unit. We have around 25,000 emergency department attendances every year. Our hospital is a 138 bed - Care Capacity Demand Management (CCDM) secondary hospital.
The Whanganui region offers the opportunity to explore the natural beauty of New Zealand's North Island. Whether you are into water sports, cycling or mountain activities, you will have all of these at your doorstep. As one of the oldest settled towns in New Zealand, Whanganui also boasts a thriving culture and arts scene, including the Royal Opera House. Additionally, you are still close enough to Wellington or Auckland for a quick visit, but you won't miss the congestion or the cost of living.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Completed your residency/ registrar training in Otolaryngology
- Be eligible to hold vocational registration with the Medical Council of NZ in Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, allowing you to effectively interact with a diverse range of patients and staff.
- Strong teamwork skills will enable you to work effectively with your team and other departments.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.