Opportunity for a Consultant Emergency Medicine in a private hospital in Perth, Western Australia.
- Stunning natural attractions, coastal living and all without sacrificing the benefits of a vibrant, dynamic, metropolitan city.
- Excellent salary package up to AUD$480,000 (depending on experience).
- Supervision available for candidates requiring this for ACEM college assessment.
- Extensive quality education facilities including public and private schools, special education, TAFE and universities.
- Beautiful Mediterranean climate.
- Diverse residential opportunities, with homes and apartments overlooking the ocean or canals, through to rambling properties in the hinterland areas only 30 minutes from the CBD.
The Role and Hospital
Currently seeking suitably qualified and experienced Emergency Consultants to provide specialist emergency services to adult and Paediatric patients at the only private emergency department in Western Australia.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Demonstrated substantial clinical experience in the management of high acuity patients in a complex hospital environment.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop partnerships and mentor postgraduate professionals.
- Well-developed review and evaluation skills, including the ability to make informed decisions.
- Undertake clinical shifts as directed, which will include participation on the on-call/after-hours/weekend roster.
Well-established range of secondary and tertiary clinical services from high quality facilities. All supported by a full complement of clinical support services.
The hospital has 500 beds, a standalone hospice and day surgery, comprehensive cancer service and a large 25 bed ICU. Other services include
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (FACEM) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA (ABEM certified) or New Zealand.
Applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Perth is regularly ranked one of the most liveable cities, with its own premium wine region, 19 white-sand beaches and Indian Ocean sunsets. It’s located along the waters of the Swan River and the west of the city runs along the Indian Ocean. It is the state capital of Western Australia and home to around 2 million people, making it a highly multi-cultural city with a fantastic social scene boasting plenty of alfresco style cafes and restaurants.
Perth is great for families with beautiful beaches to the north and south of the city and the clean, clear coastline attracts many visitors who enjoy snorkelling, sailing, surfing or swimming with the wild dolphins that famously live in the nearby bay areas. It also offers one of the most biologically diverse regions in the world.