Opportunity for a Consultant Emergency Medicine in a part public, part private hospital in Perth, Western Australia.
- Stunning natural attractions, coastal living and all without sacrificing the benefits of a vibrant, dynamic, metropolitan city.
- Excellent total salary package up to AUD$480,000 (depending on experience).
- Extensive quality education facilities including public and private schools, special education, TAFE and universities.
- Beautiful Mediterranean climate.
- Diverse residential opportunities, with homes and apartments overlooking the ocean or canals, through to rambling properties in the hinterland areas only 30 minutes from the CBD.
Currently seeking suitably qualified and experienced Emergency Consultants to provide specialist emergency services to adult and Paediatric patients.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Undertake clinical shifts as directed, which will include participation on the on-call/after-hours/weekend roster.
- Supervise junior medical staff, including assessment of clinical performance and behaviour, documentation, discharge summaries, communication with patients and families, cultural awareness in regard to indigenous patients and communities, awareness of cultural and language diversity in the community.
- Participate in continuing professional development for consultants as well as training of junior medical staff, nursing and allied health staff and medical students.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (FACEM) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA (ABEM certified) or New Zealand.
Applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Perth is regularly ranked one of the most liveable cities, with its own premium wine region, 19 white-sand beaches and Indian Ocean sunsets. It’s located along the waters of the Swan River and the west of the city runs along the Indian Ocean. It is the state capital of Western Australia and home to around 2 million people, making it a highly multi-cultural city with a fantastic social scene boasting plenty of alfresco style cafes and restaurants.
Perth is great for families with beautiful beaches to the north and south of the city and the clean, clear coastline attracts many visitors who enjoy snorkelling, sailing, surfing or swimming with the wild dolphins that famously live in the nearby bay areas. It also offers one of the most biologically diverse regions in the world.