Consultant, Emergency Medicine
South Taranaki Rural Health, Hawera
Permanent and 12 month fixed term positions available
- Join a team of 17 FACEM and other emergency medicine trained specialists
- Providing a 24/7 service with approximately 33,000 and 16,000 patient visits per year
- Accredited by the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine to deliver 12 months Registrar training
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
The employer is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
About the Role
Emergency Medicine Specialists work between two sites, located in New Plymouth, and Hawera, located 1-hour drive south. The roster involves approximately 18 shifts over a six-week period. You are supported locally by nearly all medical and surgical specialties, and have mid-level providers, junior doctors and medical students working or rotating through them.
The accredited training programme has been successful with trainees recently passing their fellowship exams.
There is provision for ample paid CME and vacation leave to take when you want to take time for fun or learning.
In Taranaki you would:
- Provide emergent care for the entire district
- See a full range of patient presentations
- Work closely with other specialists to achieve the best care possible for your patients, and build more than surface level relationships with colleagues
- Be enjoying the enthusiasm and refining your training talents when helping develop junior staff and students in the departments.
- Expectation you will participate in education and assessment of junior medical staff and students
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.