Service: Te Pae Tiaki, Emergency Department
Contract: Permanent or Fixed Term 1 year, full time - starting ASAP
About the role
We are looking for Consultant Emergency Medicine Physicians to join our team of 22 Emergency Physicians in the Te Pae Tiaki - Wellington Emergency Department.
We are a mixed adult-paediatric department (20% children) with around 65,000 annual presentations and an admission rate of 40%. Wellington is also the regional tertiary and trauma centre and is supported in-house by most specialties. We have a 6 bed ED Observation Unit, a fully functional Minor Care Zone (Rohe Kākāriki) and a separate Paediatric zone (Rohe Tamariki). Education and training of future Emergency Physicians are high priorities for the department and the successful candidate will be required to participate in this program.
We are particularly interested in candidates with expertise in ED POC Ultrasound who are motivated to participate in development of an ultrasound faculty, but all experienced EM Consultant`s can be considered.
Specialist duties include:
- Empathetic, timely and high quality care of patients in the Emergency Department
- Supervise Trainee Interns, House Officers and Registrars
- Assist with acute flow through the Department
- Participate in assessment, management and disposition of patients in the Emergency Department Observation Unit
- Participate in clinical support activities through individual portfolios
- Maintain medical knowledge and skills essential to the role
- Vocationally registered in Emergency Medicine or eligible with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
- Fellowship (or eligibility for) of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine or ACEM Fellowship Examinations complete
- Competence in Emergency point-of-care ultrasound
- Participate in rotating rostered, including evenings and weekends
- An enthusiastic team-based approach
Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley district is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. We operate three hospitals as well as the Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.