Are you an Emergency Medicine Consultant seeking a new professional challenge and a warmer climate?
- Fantastic lifestyle in subtropical Queensland.
- Competitive remuneration package up to AUD$520k (depending on experience).
- Additional overtime & on-call allowances
- Coastal living with islands, waterways and beaches, as well as national parks and Great Barrier Reef.
- Excellent range of affordable housing – live in a house on the beach, apartment in the marina or on a farm in the hinterlands.
- Over 60 education facilities including public and private schools, special education, Wide Bay Institute of TAFE and the Central Queensland University campus.
- First class and well-resourced health service.
- Regular daily flights to Brisbane and Sydney.
Bundaberg Hospital are seeking an experienced Emergency Medicine Consultant to:
- Provide expert emergency clinical care and advice to patients to ensure provision of appropriate patient care in the Emergency Department.
- Provide professional leadership in the area of emergency medicine within a multidisciplinary environment
- Provide training, education and supervision to junior medical staff and other health care team members
- Closely monitor the work of junior medical staff on shift, monitoring their history taking, examination, clinical reasoning and decision making documentation, response to emergencies and completion of discharge documentation
- Take overall responsibility for patients within the emergency department or those admitted to the Clinical Decision Unit, as rostered, and where clinical care is delegated to others for patients under their name
- Liaise and collaborate with other members of the multidisciplinary team and, where appropriate, facilitate multidisciplinary team and family meetings, to ensure positive patient outcomes
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (FACEM) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
The Bundaberg Hospital is a 158 bed acute health care facility providing services such as 24 hour emergency department, theatre & anaesthetics, breast screening, general medicine, general surgery, obstetrics, gynaecology, intensive care/coronary care, pathology, paediatrics, renal services, specialist outpatients, orthopaedics, rehabilitation, palliative care, medical imaging and the Community Hospital Interface Program (CHIP). Specialist services include gastroenterology, radiology, respiratory, rheumatology, oncology, paediatric respiratory, genetics and urology.
The Coral Coast region of Queensland is a 4 hour drive north of Brisbane and its regional centre, Bundaberg, is centred on the picturesque Burnett River. The area is nestled below the Southern Great Barrier Reef and represents an incredible place to lead the life you always wanted to have. It really does provide a platform to enjoy a laid back, easy going subtropical coastal lifestyle that only Queensland can offer. Just 15 minutes drive from the city are the pristine shores of Coral Coast. Here you can fish, dive, whale and dolphin spot, snorkel the Lady Musgrave and Lady Elliot coral cays or experience the turtle-nesting phenomenon at the Mon Repos Turtle Rookery.