- Are you an experienced Dermatologist and ready to take your career to the next level?
- Ideal opportunity to work with one of New Zealand’s largest public hospitals
- Full time, 12 month Fixed-Term position.
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
The Adult Dermatology Unit is a purpose built, state of the art facility, part of the Adult Community and Long-Term Conditions Directorate. Our service provides both outpatient and inpatient dermatology, and offers a full range of services on-site, including, Mohs micrographic surgery, patch testing and phototherapy.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a supportive team of seven Consultant Dermatologists, with a range of subspecialty experience
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Inpatient and outpatient medical dermatology
- Form part of after hour’s on-call service and dermatological research and quality assurance
- Teach and supervision of trainee registrars and other junior medical staff will be included
Opportunities to develop a subspecialty service may be available to suitable candidates. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori & Pacific communities.
- The ideal candidate will be Vocationally registered Dermatologist with NZMC or be eligible to register ( mcnz.org.nz)
- Our ideal candidate will also be fully trained in Mohs Surgery
Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai. Auckland offers it all – the great outdoors with beaches and mountains, shows and concerts, sports, shopping, wining and dining. It’s a great place to raise children and enjoy and relax when you’re an empty nester. It provides a perfect base for exploring New Zealand generally with excellent national and international flight networks. Here are a few websites to find out more about living in Auckland – schools, houses for sale or rent, and what you can do when you are not at work:
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.