We’re looking for a Consultant Adult Psychiatrist with broad skills and experience.
The Hervey Bay and Fraser Island region is a stunning part of Australia. If you love the outdoor lifestyle, there is so much to see and do, both on the water or on land.
- Competitive remuneration package value up to $504k (dependent upon experience)
- Additional overtime & on-call allowances
- Coastal living with islands, waterways and beaches, as well as national parks and Great Barrier Reef.
- Excellent range of affordable housing – live in a house on the beach, apartment in the marina or on a farm in the hinterlands.
- Over 60 education facilities including public and private schools, special education, Wide Bay Institute of TAFE and the Central Queensland University campus.
- First class and well-resourced health service.
- Regular daily flights to Brisbane and Sydney.
- Provide expert Psychiatric care and advice to patients attending Mental Health Services (out-patient, in-patient and hospital-in-the-home) in Hervey Bay and Maryborough Hospitals.
- Undertake clinical responsibilities providing care, liaising with other clinical units and referring hospitals, specialists and GP’s.
- Closely monitor the work of junior and middle grade medical staff on shift, monitoring their history taking, clinical reasoning, decision-making and documentation, response to emergencies and completion of discharge documentation
- Provide day-to-day supervision and training to registrars, junior medical staff and other health care team members.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team context.
Hervey Bay Hospital is the acute 142-bed facility on the Fraser Coast and works in close partnership with the 80-bed Maryborough Hospital to deliver high quality health care to the community. A comprehensive range of health care services are available including acute inpatient and outpatient services and community health, oral health and community mental health services, some of which are provided at off campus sites including 'The Village’. Hervey Bay Hospital is currently undergoing a major multi-million-dollar upgrade including an expanded Emergency Department, ICU and Education Centre. The project also involves the construction of a new 22-bed acute inpatient unit at Hervey Bay Hospital, as well as the transformation of the current inpatient unit at Maryborough Hospital into a refurbished 10-bed sub-acute specialist older persons unit. Since it opened in 1997, Hervey Bay Hospital has built a reputation for excellence especially in professional education and attracts medical and nursing programs in conjunction with a number of renowned Queensland universities.
Hervey Bay and Maryborough are located in the Fraser Coast Region in the South East of Queensland. Hervey Bay is just over three hours’ drive or a 45-minute flight from Brisbane. Its abundance of natural assets includes the Great Sandy Strait, the World Heritage-listed Fraser Island, the Bay and the wetlands, and it boasts a quality of life that balances work and pleasure. Maryborough is known as the “Heritage City” and is rich in history and culture.