Would you like an exciting challenge where you get access to a Management and Leadership course in conjunction with Imperial College?
Milton Keynes is one of the nicest places to live with 4,500 acres of parks and woodland to explore and a theme park right on your doorstep. Award-winning galleries and theatres, medieval abbey ruins and renowned attractions like Bletchley Park, the home of the WWII codebreakers. Milton Keynes is home to MK Dons at Stadium MK and Red Bull, with Silverstone just a few miles away. There’s real snow skiing and boarding at Xscape, indoor skydiving, watersports, and the national centre for badminton. A young city with a rich historical heritage, packed with creativity and imagination. Fantastic food and drink, a vibrant evening economy, and welcoming pubs too.
The Trust has a partnership with the Institute of Healthcare Improvement (IHI), giving you the opportunity to gain knowledge in improvement science and enhance your skills and confidence to understand healthcare systems and successfully implement change and you will also be offered training in QI.
Main duties of the job
- To provide a service to children and young people with established or suspected psychiatric illnesses for diagnosis, treatment plan and follow up, mainly for out-patients and very occasionally advice and specialist consultation to young people admitted to inpatient services.
- You will initiate projects within the service with both the managers and clinicians, have a personal budget for CPD annually and access to apply for CEA awards.
- To provide a service to children and young people who have primary diagnosis of learning disabilities and mental health problems for diagnosis, management and continuing care.
- To provide clinical support for children with diagnosis of neurodevelopmental conditions and where needed, clinical input for additional psychopathology.
- To contribute to multidisciplinary assessment and management of behavioural impairment
- To provide consultation and advice for complex clinical presentations requiring multidisciplinary input.
- The post-holder will be expected to carry a full and varied caseload for this post requiring varying degree of input from consultant psychiatrists.
- To develop a special clinical interest with the agreement of the Clinical Director.
Please get in touch immediately for requirements, job description and/or any questions you may have...