Are you a Consultant Psychiatrist seeking a new professional challenge and a warmer climate?
We have opportunities to secure a rewarding new career as a Consultant Psychiatrist in a number of WA Health public hospitals in Perth, Western Australia.
Opportunities available include Youth, Adult, and Older Adult services in community, eating disorder, hospital-in the home and inpatient Mental Health services.
- Stunning natural attractions, coastal living and all without sacrificing the benefits of a vibrant, dynamic, metropolitan city.
- Earn up to AUD$472k (dependent upon experience)
- Extensive quality education facilities including public and private schools, TAFE and universities.
- Beautiful Mediterranean climate.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development, including conference leave, in addition to annual leave and long service leave entitlements.
- Flexible work/life balance
- Dynamic team environments
The Consultant Psychiatrist is responsible for:
- providing high quality psychiatry services and consumer care,
- developing formal links with primary care givers and external Mental Health Services to promote continuity of treatment and shared care management.
- working in collaboration with the other clinicians and leaders to provide multidisciplinary consideration of needs.
- providing support and supervision for training junior medical staff within the department.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA (ABPN certified) or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
Perth is regularly ranked one of the most liveable cities, with its own premium wine region, 19 white-sand beaches and Indian Ocean sunsets. It’s located along the waters of the Swan River and the west of the city runs along the Indian Ocean. It is the state capital of Western Australia and home to around 2 million people, making it a highly multi-cultural city with a fantastic social scene boasting plenty of alfresco style cafes and restaurants.
Perth is great for families with beautiful beaches to the north and south of the city and the clean, clear coastline attracts many visitors who enjoy snorkelling, sailing, surfing or swimming with the wild dolphins that famously live in the nearby bay areas. It also offers one of the most biologically diverse regions in the world.
We have a dedicated Registration Team who seamlessly manage all aspects of your regulatory and work visa applications after you accept a suitable job offer. This includes exemption requests for travel to Australia due to current border closures in some states. Our aim is to get you ready to start work within agreed timeframes and with minimal hassle to you or your new employer.