An exciting opportunity is currently available for an Interventional Cardiologist to join the Cardiac Services at the Mackay Base Hospital.
- Fantastic lifestyle in subtropical Queensland.
- Competitive remuneration package up to AUD$515k depending on experience.
- Additional overtime & on-call allowances
- Professional development allowance and motor vehicle allowance
- Low cost of living and excellent range of affordable housing
- First class and well-resourced health service
- Coastal living with islands, waterways and beaches, as well as national parks and Great Barrier Reef
- Regular daily flights to Brisbane and Sydney
The Role and Hospital
The Consultant Interventional Cardiologist will assist with the following:
- Provision of high-quality clinical services as part of the Unit/Department.
- Education of Medical Staff and Students, Allied Health, interested Community Groups and Nursing Staff.
- Active participation in patient safety, audit, research, and service planning activities.
- Professional responsibility for Junior and Senior Medical Officers.
The Cardiology department of Mackay Base Hospital provides full ranges of interventional, non-interventional and pacing services for Mackay regional population of 180,000.
The department is accredited by the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) for cardiology advanced training status. A wide range of cardiology diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are provided including Echo, TOE with 3D capacity, stress echo, Dobutomine, CTCA, Cardiac MRI, coronary intervention and pacing device implantation.
To reflect the growing demand for health care in the region, the Mackay Base Hospital has been redeveloped, at a cost of $408 million with a current bed capacity of 236 beds. The redeveloped hospital is a digital hospital, equipped with leading edge technology. It is the first regional hospital in Queensland to have the complete integrated electronic medical record.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
Located on the central coast of Queensland, the Mackay region stretches from secluded islands off the coast through golden sand beaches and into lush sub-tropical rainforests. The historic town of Mackay is filled with 1920s Art Deco buildings and public artworks, as well as a vibrant dining precinct. See wallabies on the beach at Cape Hillsborough National Park, dive with shy platypus in Eungella National Park or throw a line in at some of the state’s best fishing spots.