Are you a Consultant in Palliative Care seeking a new professional challenge and a warmer climate? The Cancer Care Services Teams at the Bundaberg Hospital within the Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service would like to hear from you!
- Fantastic lifestyle in subtropical Queensland.
- Competitive remuneration package up to AUD$502,000 (depending on experience).
- Additional overtime & on-call allowances
- Coastal living with islands, waterways and beaches, as well as national parks and Great Barrier Reef.
- Excellent range of affordable housing – live in a house on the beach, apartment in the marina or on a farm in the hinterlands.
- Over 60 education facilities including public and private schools, special education, Wide Bay Institute of TAFE and the Central Queensland University campus.
- First class and well-resourced health service.
- Regular daily flights to Brisbane and Sydney.
Perform the duties of a Staff Specialist/ Consultant in Palliative Care at Bundaberg Hospital:
- Provide specialist palliative care services within the Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service (WBHHS) to patients as part of multidisciplinary team to ensure the provision of appropriate patient care. In addition, provide professional leadership within a specialist medical area and provide training, education and supervision to medical students, junior medical staff and other health care providers.
- The specialist palliative care service within WBHHS will cover the spectrum of cancer and non-cancer palliative care referrals across integrated inpatient, outpatient, consultation and community arms.
- Provide consulting palliative care services as part of the Cancer Care Service / Clinical and Support Services within the Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service. This position will provide consultancy services across the WBHHS catchment in order to provide a safe, efficient and effective Palliative Care Service.
The WBHHS Palliative Care Service is a multidisciplinary team providing specialist support for people and their families/carers who have a life limiting illness for which the primary treatment goal is quality of life. The Palliative Care Service works in partnership with patients General Practitioners in the community and collaborates with Staff Specialists within the hospital setting. The service aims to provide evidence based co-ordinated care utilising holistic assessment and planning.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) or equivalent, with subspecialty training in Palliative medicine, or Fellow with the Australasian Chapter of Palliative Medicine (FAChPM) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
The Coral Coast region of Queensland is a 4 hour drive north of Brisbane and its regional centre, Bundaberg, is centred on the picturesque Burnett River. The area is nestled below the Southern Great Barrier Reef and represents an incredible place to lead the life you always wanted to have. It really does provide a platform to enjoy a laid back, easy going subtropical coastal lifestyle that only Queensland can offer. Just 15 minutes drive from the city are the pristine shores of Coral Coast. Here you can fish, dive, whale and dolphin spot, snorkel the Lady Musgrave and Lady Elliot coral cays or experience the turtle-nesting phenomenon at the Mon Repos Turtle Rookery.
We have a dedicated Registration Team who seamlessly manage all aspects of your regulatory and temporary work visa applications after you accept a suitable job offer, at no cost to you. Our aim is to get you ready to start work within agreed timeframes and with minimal hassle to you or your new employer.