If you seek an alternative away from the UK Health Service, Head Medical has a great opportunity for you to consider on the Island of Guernsey.
We are on the outlook for a Consultant in Paediatrics to join a prestigious private organisation on the island.
A specialised health board (consultant-delivered service that is personalised and constantly evolving ) who are seeking a dynamic and motivated Consultant within Paediatrics to come join their team of 5 already established specialists.
The Consultant is expected to work flexibly and to put the needs of the patients first. This is a consultant-delivered and not a consultant-led service, with no junior staff.
Post holders will be expected to be on the GMC Specialist Register for Paeds.
The appointees will be expected to work together with the established members of the department and support staff to improve patient choice and enable the development of new on-island services.
This is a 10 PA per-week post with formal commitment to an on-call rota.
In addition to the salary, there are opportunities to develop significant private practice which are integrated into this organisation model.
This means that you do not need to arrange private consulting rooms or secretarial support as private practice is supported in-house.
In addition to this, your private defence cover is included in your remuneration package.
What’s on offer for you?
- The salary on offer is £ 140,156
- Income Tax rate is only 20% of earnings
- One of the best work-life balances - most journeys around the island on average are 5 – 20 minutes
- Generous Comprehensive Relocation Policy
- To provide both inpatient and outpatient care for Paediatric patients, including paediatric high dependency care.
- To participate in the on call rota as duty Paediatrician, providing out of hours care
- To attend high risk deliveries and provide inpatient neonatal care to the maternity ward and the neonatal unit, including providing neonatal intensive care when required.
- To provide advice and ongoing care, where appropriate, for children under the care of other specialists, including CAMHS,paediatric surgery and orthopaedics.
- To attend clinics with visiting consultants, where appropriate, and develop expertise with those patients.
- To undertake a share of some aspects of community paediatric work.
- To attend strategy meetings and undertake child protection examinations when requested by the safeguarding team.
- To develop and maintain collaborative relationships with medical colleagues in other specialties and participate in regular clinical meetings and other professional activitie
- Entry on GMC specialist register for Paediatrics
- CCT (or entry expected within 6 months of interview
- CESR or European Community rights
- MRCPCH or equivalent
- Eligible to reside and work in the UK
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and a comprehensive JD. We would love to hear from you.