This a great opportunity for a Consultant in Orthogeriatrics to join one of the strongest performing NHS Trust groups in Yorkshire.
This NHS Foundation Trust is looking for a dynamic and motivated Consultant within Orthogeriatrics to come join their friendly and enthusiastic team.
Post does include a GIM on-call commitment, approximately 1:4 weeks (midweek) and 1:8 weeks (weekends) with a mandatory rest day for weekend working.
As a Consultant, primary responsibilities include:
- Provide an outstanding geriatric service mainly within Trauma & Orthopaedics.
- The current Orthogeriatric service Consultant led daily ward-round reviewing all new patients and overseeing their care jointly with the orthopaedic teams through the peri-operative period and into rehabilitation as necessary
- Indicators for medical review may include advanced age, severity of acute illness, post-operative complications, failure to recover rapidly or discharge delays.
- Post-operative discharge planning meetings:
- Multidisciplinary team working, planning difficult discharges and co-ordinating teams.
- Attendees will include a Consultant Geriatrician, members of the surgical team (ranging from FY1 to SpR), ward sister, occupational therapist, physiotherapist and discharge coordinator.
- Inpatient subacute care and rehabilitation
What’s on offer for you?
- Salary scale between £88,364, £ 119,133
- Full comprehensive relocation package on offer.
- Generously funded study leave is available.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Blue light discounts
About the Trust:
- Rated 'good' by a recent CQC inspection
- High-performing NHS trust within the Yorkshire area you'll join this trust at a fantastic time, your ideas and ways of working can help this organisation achieve its future objectives and goals.
- Provides a full range of district hospital services to the local community and surrounding area. These include accident and emergency services, outpatient clinics, inpatient services, and maternity and children’s services.
- MRCP or equivalent
- Full GMC registration and within 6 months of specialist registration due to completion of training or within 6 months of specialist registration due to application via CESR
- Experience in the management GIM caseload
- Experience in the management of a Geriatric/Elderly Care Medicine
- Evidence of planning and completing audit.
- Experience in teaching.
- Experience in one or more other subspecialist areas
- Experience of management issues at departmental level
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and a detailed job spec. We would love to hear from you