Are you a senior doctor seeking a new challenge, coastal scenery nearby to a large major city, and wishing to work for an employer that can support your development?
A great opportunity has arisen on the east coast of Yorkshire. On behalf of a long-standing established teaching hospital Head Medical is looking out for Candidates within Opthalmology
As a Consultant within Ophthalmology, you'll work on a perm contract within a clinically led service that incorporates a range of disciplines across 4 acute hospital sites and covers numerous community, specialist and primary care facilities across a wide geography.
Other duties involve.
- Maintenance of the highest clinical standards in the management of patients with a wide variety of ophthalmic conditions
- To share with colleagues responsibility for the day-to-day management of ophthalmology patients. Teaching and training of junior staff, medical students, postgraduates and other healthcare personnel.
- To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and audit.
- To have responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing medical education/professional and service development (CME/CPD)
What’s on offer for you?
- Salary scale between £93,666, £ 126,281
- Full comprehensive relocation package on offer.
- Generously funded study leave is available.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Blue light discounts
About the Trust:
- Rated 'good' by a recent CQC inspection
- High-performing NHS trust within the Yorkshire area you'll join this trust at a fantastic time, your ideas and ways of working can help this organisation achieve its future objectives and goals.
- Provides a full range of district hospital services to the local community and surrounding area. These include accident and emergency services, outpatient clinics, inpatient services, and maternity and children’s services.
- Provides a comprehensive range of acute hospital and specialist healthcare services for approximately 800,000 people living in local area
- Current GMC full registration & licence to practise, FRCOphth & entry on GMC specialist register for Ophthalmology or within 12 months of CCT date or expected CESR approval (evidence of CESR submission will be required at time of CV submission).
- Minimum 6 months UK experience.
- Commitment to 1 in 14 non-resident on call (optional)
- Evidence of subspecialist clinical experience and skills in emergency eye care
- Any specialist interests can be considered
- Ability to supervise postgraduate research
- Post CCT Fellowship in Emergency Eye Care
- Experience of supervising SpRs/specialist trainees.
- Experience of teaching basic clinical skills to undergraduates
- Experience in running and delivering clinical trials
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV or simply email email@example.com for more information and a detailed job spec. We would love to hear from you