Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology required for St Helena, South Atlantic
Initially required on a 12-month FTC with the option to extend for a further 12 months
A sup-tropical island of spectacular and beautiful landscapes in the South Atlantic with a warm and friendly population of overseas territory. The General Hospital in the capital, Jamestown, covers all areas of acute medical and surgical care.
The successful candidate will work with the other doctors, nursing team and allied health professionals on the island. You will manage the islands obstetric & gynaecology services and offer primary care, especially in areas such as family planning and genito-urinary medicine. You will undertake clinical audits as required and be a member of the general on-call rota.
Running Obstetrics & Gynaecology clinics as well as sharing in-patient duties, you will perform caesarean sections and hysterectomies, coloscopies, LETZ and endometrial ablations.
You will play an active part in the health promotion and preventative care programmes, undertaking programmes of medical and clinical audit and helping in the collection of health information data.
Qualifications and experience:
- Full G.M.C. registration or equivalence and good standing with registration authority;
- MRCOG or equivalent. Proficiency in obstetric/gynaecological ultrasonography;
- Experience of endometrial ablation and insertion of tension-free vaginal tape;
- Must be on the UK General Medical Council Specialist Register for O&G or equivalent registration authority in country of practice. (Candidates within 6 months of CCT will be considered based on experience).
- BSCCP or equivalent in colposcopy
- Postgraduate clinical experience in general medicine in any specialty
- Overseas experience other than home country (especially in a remote location)
- Recent ATLS, APLS certification or equivalent
- Previous service development experience and/or service management
If you are interested in learning more about this great opportunity get in touch with Allison on 0131 240 5287 or email email@example.com
**If this post isn't right for you at this time please feel free to share with your friends and colleagues who might be interested. We pay £500 referral fee for successfully placed candidates.**