Are you an accomplished ENT consultant working in the UK or overseas seeking a new challenge and wishing to work near the countryside of Scotland then look no further!!
A great opportunity has arisen for a Consultant in ENT to join a small but punchy hospital group in a beautiful region of South West Scotland.
The successful candidate will create a team of two Consultants, a Speciality Doctor and two GP trainees. Consultant ENT Surgeons will provide 1 in 2 on call during weekdays and weekend cover will be provided by another trust's ENT department
The department cover:
- Out-patient, elective and emergency ENT services
- Specialist Clinics (Head, Neck, Voice, Paediatrics and Audio)
- Supervision and training of junior medical staff
- Multi-disciplinary meetings
What’s on offer for you?
- Salary scale between £ 91,474- £ 121,548
- Full comprehensive relocation package on offer.
- Reasonable house prices, schools are rated highly and you are within 2 hours of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Lake District and Newcastle.
- Regular educational and research meetings are held locally, and the department participates in national education events via video conferencing.
- Generously funded study leave is available.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Blue light discounts
About the Trust:
- This District hospital and Mental Health hospital based in South West Scotland with a population of around 150,000 residents is purpose-built to suit the needs of the staff and patients and is one of the only NHS hospitals in the UK to have all single en-suite rooms which has seen an increase in recovery time!
- The education centre is one of the centres to be fully refurbished recently and includes a clinical skills and observation /control room.
- One of the key achievements and something they do well in this group is the introduction of new models of workforce to make a sustainable future for the community.
- Recently they have introduced the new SCOTGEM rural medicine programme which has attracted a new talent of medical students to the area, as well as introducing a Clinical Development Fellows programme where they have added an additional 20+ staff giving additional support at lower to middle grades.
- A trust which supports, listens, and develops its staff helping create a positive and constructive organisational culture across the board.
- MRCS (ENT) or equalivent
- GMC Specialist Register and will hold a CCT or be within 6 months of obtaining the certificate at the time of the interview
- Be an established Consultant ENT Surgeon.
- Experience in ensuring patient safety and a person-centred approach
- Interest or experience in Otology
- Experience in relevant academic and research achievements eg degrees, prizes, awards, distinctions, publications, presentations, and other achievements.
- Evidence of participation in risk management and/or clinical/laboratory research
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV or simply email email@example.com for more information. We would love to hear from you.