- £20,000 joining bonus!
- The hospital is easily accessible from the M20
- Transport links from Ashford International
Are you a Consultant Immunologist looking for a new challenge?
The Pathology Department in this hospital in Ashford is committed to innovation and quality improvement with opportunities to introduce new ways of working. Participation in research is actively encouraged, including both national portfolio studies and collaborative scientific research in conjunction with local academic institutions such as the University of Kent and the Kent and Medway Medical School (KMMS). You will be supported in developing as a clinical leader and will have the opportunity to take on key leadership roles.
- Develop strong working relationships with other consultant colleagues in the Trust, particularly with neurology, renal medicine and rheumatology, with dermatology and respiratory services to develop allergy services and with haematology and general medical services to develop primary immunodeficiency services.
- Develop a broad clinical immunology service to include primary immunodeficiency and allergy. The allergy service should include an expert emergency service for investigating antibiotic, radiocontrast, anaesthetic and other drug allergies.
- Work with microbiology, pharmacy and the infection control team to improve antimicrobial stewardship in relation to penicillin allergy.
- Full GMC Registration
- GMC Specialist registration, or will obtain within 6 months of interview
- MRCP or equivalent
- FRCPath or equivalent
- Clinical experience in all aspects of allergy and immunology
- Understanding of wider health agenda and modern NHS
A bit more…
This hospital and another in the trust were chosen for filming the “We are the NHS” campaign purely because of their staff reputation, research, cutting edge technology, innovations and life-saving operations. This is not only a testament to the thousands of staff who carry out extraordinary wok day in day out, but also a huge gesture in faith in the trust to be the face of such an important campaign. The new medical school will provide up to 100 placements and the chance to mentor new Doctors so they can continue on to provide the highest levels of care throughout their careers, contributing towards the UK’s medical reputation in the future is a noble opportunity to leave your legacy…
For a full comprehensive job description, an informal chat or any questions please get in touch immediately as the vacancy will close once we have enough applicants.