A unique opportunity has arisen to join the Hepatology team at a major hospital in a beautiful coastal area in the south-west of England as it develops and expands to deliver care for the population locally.
Being a beautiful and rural county, many specialist services have adapted, rarely found outside of large conurbations, making the hospital unique in its delivery of health care.
The successful candidate will be part of a team who have secured service investments in the following areas:
- Interventional Radiology - The team are now supported by experienced nursing colleagues to deliver one of the only nurse-led paracentesis services in the UK
- Commissioned Alcohol Liaison Team
- Direct Acting Antiviral service
- Established south-west liver network
- Fibroscan service
- Commissioned TACE procedures
- Endoscopy - delivered in a £3.4 million refurbished unit
- 2 JAG accredited Endoscopy Units
- Full Bowel Cancer and Bowel Scope Screening service
- Countywide clinics - including the Isles of Scilly and incorporating telemedicine
- 28 bedded dedicated Gastro/Hepatology inpatient ward
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dedicated and supportive team in one of the most sought after areas of the UK. You may be in a substantive post already and looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city or you may be an overseas doctor looking to return to the UK. Cornwall will offer you a relaxed environment, breath-taking views and a great pace of life.
The salary is based on experience & will pay between £77,000–104,000 plus a relocation package if required.
To apply for this post you will need to be GMC registered with a current license to practice and if you have GMC but it is inactive, you will be fine to apply on the basis you will reinstate by start of post. As this is a 12-month fixed-term contract to begin with, you will not necessarily need to be on the specialist register, but you will be expected to work towards this to secure the permanent role.
If this post is of interest to you, please get in touch to find out more and I will advise accordingly.
If you are already in a position and you are not looking to move but know someone who would benefit from this, do let me know as I can pay £500 referral fee for any successfully recommended applicants