Consultant Psychiatrist - Special interests in Forensic psychiatry - Closing date 6th September 2020.
Lucrative and interesting opportunity in Rockhampton, Queensland.
Join a multi-national team of experienced consultants/staff specialist psychiatrists and nurse practitioners delivering first class mental health care to a catchment population of approx. 250k.
Head Medical is pleased to partner again with a mental health service where we have recruited 4 psychiatrists recently.
- Lucrative public health salary, allowances, and comprehensive benefits up to AUD$457k PLUS oncall etc. (AUD$457k highest band for 9+yrs experience).
- 80 hour fortnight and flexible and family-friendly working arrangements.
- Sensational lifestyle in a subtropical climate.
- 3.6weeks professional development leave.
- Package includes AU$21.5k professional development allowance (paid with salary).
- Up to $25k car allowance (paid with salary).
- Attraction and retention incentive allowance.
- Research and teaching opportunities.
- Regional location, spectacular beaches, perfect for whale watching, beautiful clear waters - live the dream!
- Enjoy coastal lifestyle, subtropical climate.
- Amazing real-estate options: house/apartment by the beach or enjoy a large modern house slightly inland to enjoy sub-tropical lush vegetation and forest areas.
- Develop a hobby farm or tropical garden. Or simply enjoy large residential acreages with pool,tennis court etc.
- Private schooling available.
Mental health service and facilities.
- RANZCP accredited training service.
- Service includes: 14 full time consultants and 20 Junior Medical Officers made up of 1 senior registrar and 14 registrars, 2 PHOs, 1 SHO and 2 interns.
- Junior Medical Officers are first responders on-call. Consultants are rostered as second on call at a frequency of 1:10.
- There are consultants in: 2 CAMHS, 1 Old Age, 1 Addictions, 1 Prison, 9 General Adult.
Job Scope includes but is not limited to:
- Provide care in adult, prison and forensic settings. Forensic is based in Rockhampton CBD and includes Prison (women and juveniles are detained in Brisbane) and court service.
- Deliver first class specialist psychiatry care inpatient, prison, watch house, court and community settings; managing patients under forensic order and other high risk, complex patients.
- Implement and undertake teaching initiatives.
- Playing an important role to facilitate outstanding working relationships between colleagues, courts, unites, allied/primary health stakeholders, nursing etc.
- Ensuring safety and quality procedures are maintained, reviewed and developed.
- Taking an active role in the development and implementation of organisational processes to improve the service, safety systems etc. and related training.
- Have FRANZCP or have completed specialist training in either the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada or NZ; and have at least 2.5yrs experience at consultant/specialist level at time of reading.
- Candidates with Forensic or prison mental health will be preferred but applications are welcome from General Adult Psychiatrists as well.
- Have an inclusive approach to patients, families and carers.
- Be collaborative in your working style and have a friendly, personable approach to all internal stakeholders.
- Have a commitment to research.
For more salary, job, location, service information please call Alasdair on 07502244964 or via Whatsapp : https://wa.me/447502244964