Are you a Consultant in Anesthetics looking to work in a close, supportive team?
A great opportunity has arisen for a Consultant Anaesthetist to join a small but punchy hospital group in a beautiful region of South West Scotland.
If successful you'll join a team that comprises 15 Consultants, 6 Specialty Doctors, and 5 trainees.
What’s on offer for you?
- Salary scale between £ 96,963- £ 128,841
- Full comprehensive relocation package on offer.
- Reasonable house prices, schools are rated highly and you are within 2 hours of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Lake District and Newcastle.
- Regular educational and research meetings are held locally, and the department participates in national education events via video conferencing.
- Generously funded study leave is available.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Blue light discounts
About the Trust:
- This District hospital and Mental Health hospital based in South West Scotland with a population of around 150,000 residents is purpose-built to suit the needs of the staff and patients and is one of the only NHS hospitals in the UK to have all single en-suite rooms which has seen an increase in recovery time!
- The education centre is one of the centres to be fully refurbished recently and includes a clinical skills and observation /control room.
- One of the key achievements and something they do well in this group is the introduction of new models of workforce to make a sustainable future for the community.
- Recently they have introduced the new SCOTGEM rural medicine programme which has attracted a new talent of medical students to the area, as well as introducing a Clinical Development Fellows programme where they have added an additional 20+ staff giving additional support at lower to middle grades.
- A trust which supports, listens, and develops its staff helping create a positive and constructive organisational culture across the board.
- Medical degree/FRCA or equivalent
- GMC registration with a license to practice and will be on the Specialist Register for Anaesthesia or be eligible for entry within 6 months.
- Competence and experience across all anaesthesia sub-specialties, particularly Critical Care, Obstetrics and Paediatrics in line with requirements for participation in on-call rota
- Qualifications in educational supervision.
- Faculty status on national educational courses
- Qualifications in subspecialty areas such as Intensive Care Medicine and Chronic Pain
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV or simply email email@example.com for more information. We would love to hear from you.