An exciting opportunity is currently available for an Anaesthetist to join the Mackay Base Hospital.
- Fantastic lifestyle in subtropical Queensland.
- Competitive remuneration package up to AUD$466k depending on experience.
- Additional overtime & on-call allowances
- Professional development allowance and motor vehicle allowance
- Low cost of living and excellent range of affordable housing
- First class and well-resourced health service
- Coastal living with islands, waterways and beaches, as well as national parks and Great Barrier Reef
- Regular daily flights to Brisbane and Sydney
The Role and Hospital
You will be responsible for assisting the Director in:
- Provision of high-quality clinical services as part of the Unit/Department.
- Education of medical staff and students, Allied Health, interested community groups and nursing staff.
- Active participation in patient safety, audit, research and service planning activities.
The department currently provides anaesthesia for orthopaedic, trauma, general, gynaecological, obstetric, paediatric, ENT, dental, ECT and endoscopic procedures. They also provide a pre-assessment clinic, an acute pain service and obstetric epidural service, as well as support the trauma and cardiac arrest teams.
The department is an accredited training facility and thus you will be required to supervise Principal House Officers, Junior House Officers and Interns, Registrars and Provisional Fellows.
To reflect the growing demand for health care in the region, the Mackay Base Hospital has been redeveloped, at a cost of $408 million with a current bed capacity of 236 beds. The redeveloped hospital is a digital hospital, equipped with leading edge technology. It is the first regional hospital in Queensland to have the complete integrated electronic medical record.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and Fellowship of the Australia and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
Located on the central coast of Queensland, the Mackay region stretches from secluded islands off the coast through golden sand beaches and into lush sub-tropical rainforests. The historic town of Mackay is filled with 1920s Art Deco buildings and public artworks, as well as a vibrant dining precinct. See wallabies on the beach at Cape Hillsborough National Park, dive with shy platypus in Eungella National Park or throw a line in at some of the state’s best fishing spots.
We have a dedicated Registration Team who seamlessly manage all aspects of your regulatory and temporary work visa applications after you accept a suitable job offer, at no cost to you. Our aim is to get you ready to start work within agreed timeframes and with minimal hassle to you or your new employer.