We're seeking a Consultant in Anaesthetics to be based in the Gold Coast, Queensland - Fantastic lifestyle in subtropical Queensland.
- Competitive remuneration package up to AUD$484,882 depending on experience.
- Overtime & on-call allowances are in addition to the package above.
- Beautiful new hospital with state-of-the-art facilities.
- Stunning natural attractions, coastal living and all without sacrificing the benefits of a vibrant, dynamic, metropolitan city.
- Over 160 education facilities including public and private schools, special education, TAFE and universities.
- Beautiful subtropical climate with warm winters and stunning summers.
- Diverse residential opportunities, with homes and apartments overlooking the ocean or canals, through to rambling properties in the hinterland areas only 30 minutes from the CBD.
The Role and Service
Some of the duties expected of the successful candidate include:
- Provide anaesthetic services to patients undergoing surgery including emergency and trauma anaesthesia.
- Provide paediatric anaesthesia for patients greater than 12 months of age, obstetric anaesthesia and neuroanaesthesia.
- Supervise registrars, junior house officers and interns working in Anaesthetics.
- Contribute to mentoring registrars within the department.
- Attend committees and other meetings (internal and external to the unit) as requested by the Director and provide reports and data as required.
- Participate in the after hours on-call roster.
Gold Coast Health provides public health care services to more than 600,000 people.
The Anaesthetic Department provides anaesthesia and sedation services at Gold Coast University Hospital (GCUH), Robina Hospital and Varsity Lakes Day Hospital. GCUH is a busy tertiary hospital and a level 1 Trauma Centre. Anaesthesia is provided for all surgical specialties.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College for Anaesthetists (FANZCA) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
The City of Gold Coast is the second largest city in Queensland. It is a thriving metropolis that also offers a relaxed beach-side lifestyle situated on the south coast of Queensland. Famous for its stunning beaches, sub-tropical rainforests and great entertainment options, the Gold Coast is one of Australia’s premier tourist destinations, attracting visitors from all over the world. While tourism has long been its key industry, the Gold Coast is also home to many other established and burgeoning industries, including sports, marine, information technology, education and health & medical. The Gold Coast offers a modern coastal lifestyle in one of Australia’s most desirable locations.
The Gold Coast offers diverse residential opportunities, with homes and apartments overlooking the ocean or canals, through to rambling properties in the hinterland areas only 30 minutes from the CBD. With over 50km of beaches, World-heritage listed rainforests and National Parks on your doorstep, there is always something to explore in your time away from work.
If you love sport, the Gold Coast is the place to be. It plays host to a diverse range of sporting events, from the Magic Millions horse racing carnival, the national rugby league competition, international surfing competitions, through to the GC600 V8 Supercar racing.
Efficient public transport networks ensure easy access from the Gold Coast to Brisbane. The recently upgraded national highway ensures the two cities are connected via a short commute of one hour by car. The Gold Coast is also a gateway to other Australian and international destinations with its own airport.