Are you a Consultant in Adult Psychiatry (Non-community) looking for a change of scenery and have ambitions to move to the idyllic countryside of South West England.
Head Medical are delighted to share we are recruiting on behalf of leading NHS Trust seeking an experienced candidate within Inpatient Adult Psychiatry.
You'll work on-site within a 14 bedded ward that admits adults from the Mendip locality area, with a population of approximately around 114,000.
Over the last three years, there was an average of 223 admissions per year with bed occupancy being lower than the national average in St Andrews. Of these admissions there was an almost 1:1 M:F ratio. Just over 60% of those admissions were informal.
The postholder will also be responsible for conducting Mental Health Act assessments for adults of working age admitted to the ward. Other Mental Health Act assessments for adults of working age in Mendip will fall to the community adult consultant psychiatrists. Expectations will be that you may be invited to contribute.
You'll work on a ward that encompasses the following staffing numbers:
- a ward manager 0.5WTE
- a deputy ward manager 1WTE
- a trainee doctor 1.WTE
- a medical secretary 0.4WTE
- a ward administrator 1.0WTE
- a ward psychologist 0.5WTE
- 3 occupational therapists
- 11 staff nurses
- 17 health care assistants
- 6 service assistants
What’s on offer for you?
- Salary scale between £ 88,364- £ 119,113
- Full comprehensive relocation package on offer.
- Reasonable house prices and schools that are rated highly.
- Market-leading annual leave allowance
- Generously funded study leave is available
- Cycle to work scheme
- Blue light discounts
- Employee assistance programme
About the Trust:
- This trust vision is to improve the health and well-being of everyone in the area and to deliver outstanding integrated care by supporting their colleagues and nurturing an inclusive culture of kindness, respect, and teamwork.
- Undertaken at this trust are the following services: Acute hospital services, community services, mental health and learning disability services, and a quarter of the county's GP practices.
- A recent merger with another NHS trust, the result of which means that the broad range of services offered within one organisation puts them in a better position to provide mental and physical health services for the population, helping people to enjoy healthier lives with improved equitable access to the specialist care and treatment they need, when they need it.
- A trust which supports, listens, and develops its staff; helps create a positive and constructive organisational culture across the board.
- You'll enjoy working in the idyllic countryside daily while having the hussle of the biggest UK cities on your doorstep.
- GMC Registered
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients.
- Mental Health Act Approved Clinician (or plans to obtain approval within 4 months of appointment)
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We would love to hear from you.