Are you an Acute Medicine Consultant looking for a challenge?
Scarborough is one of the original seaside resorts with stunning scenery, wildlife, glorious beaches and landmarks like Scarborough Castle and the Rotunda Museum of geology. The famous seafront offers amusement arcades, ice cream parlours and beach huts with attractions for all ages including the world class Alpamare Waterpark and the Sky Trail Adventure.
- Holidays and Accommodation – UK Breaks and hotel discounts
- Days and Nights Out – Theatres, Restaurants, Bars, Theme Park discounts
- Travel and Transport – Car lease schemes, Bus tickets discounts
- Funded Projects and Courses
- Childcare – Vouchers, On-site nursery
- Personal Finance and Salary Sacrifices
Interested? Here’s some requirements:
- Current GMC full registration & licence to practise, MRCP & entry on GMC specialist register for Acute Medicine or within 6 months of CCT date or within 12 months of expected CESR approval.
- Participation on GIM on call rota is essential (1:16 weekday & 1:8 weekends)
- Minimum 6 months UK experience
- Current ALS certificate
- The CV must demonstrate the experience and competencies for this level/specialty
- Experience of teaching undergraduate and post graduate trainees
- Experience of undertaking audits and presenting their findings
A bit more about the trust:
As a partner in the Humber Coast and Vale Health and Care Partnership, this trust operate 8 hospital sites serving 800,000 people around York, North Yorkshire, North East Yorkshire and Ryedale. The new £10 million vascular imaging unit has two additional cardio-vascular laboratories with improved recovery facilities, a state of the art hybrid operating theatre, and an expanded post-surgical patient recovery facility. The hospital is to benefit from a £40 million share of funding, following a successful bid by the Trust for capital investment as part of the Humber, Coast and Vale Health and Care Partnership. The funding will enable the creation of a Combined Emergency Assessment Unit, where staff from a range of medical specialties can work side-by-side in a single assessment area, close to the front door and diagnostic support. The Unit will be created alongside the Emergency Department and the on-site Urgent Treatment Centre, creating a comprehensive and integrated urgent and emergency care hub. This scheme will bring total investment in the East Coast buildings and infrastructure to over £80 million since 2012.