Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Consultant psychiatrist with proven clinical skills required to work with our multi disciplinary team to provide high quality evidence based clinical services to our service users.
- The Centre has a strong reputation for excellence, innovation, and training, and is dedicated to offering opportunities for career development.
- Permanent, Full-time role (40 hours), Monday to Friday.
We are seeking a motivated Child and adolescent psychiatrist to join the team, an exciting and dynamic Child and Adolescent Mental Health outpatient service that provides assessment and therapy to children, young people, and their families within the central Auckland area. The Centre has a strong reputation for excellence, innovation, and training, and is dedicated to offering opportunities for career development.
We are seeking a Consultant psychiatrist with proven clinical skills to work with our multi disciplinary team to provide high quality evidence based clinical services to our service users. You will have advanced clinical skills and be recovery focused with an ability to work collaboratively with our service users and their families. You will join an established supportive team of psychiatrists, nurses, allied health and clerical staff.
The position is 1.00 FTE
- You must be a medical practitioner registered with the Medical Council of New Zealand (www.mcnz.org.nz ), or eligible for Vocational Registration in Psychiatry and have an Annual Practising Certificate.
- A full and clean driver licence is essential in this community based role.
We are Te Whatu Ora Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are located in central Auckland.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! For successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we can provide support with their Visa application.
Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland. Auckland is a fantastic multicultural harbour city with an amazing lifestyle and easy access to some of the most beautiful islands in NZ via short ferry rides from the main city.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.