Opportunity for a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist with the Child and Adolescent Health Service (CAHS) in Perth, Western Australia.
- Stunning natural attractions, coastal living and all without sacrificing the benefits of a vibrant, dynamic, metropolitan city.
- Excellent total salary package up to AUD$472,000 depending on experience.
- Extensive quality education facilities including public and private schools, special education, TAFE and universities.
- Beautiful Mediterranean climate with 3000 hours of sunshine per year.
- Diverse residential opportunities, with homes and apartments overlooking the ocean or canals, through to rambling properties in the hinterland areas only 30 minutes from the CBD.
We are seeking suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic medical practitioners for the position of Consultant Psychiatrist with the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS). Positions are available in various areas such as community, inpatient and eating disorders.
The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) provide mental health services to infants, children, young people and their families across the Perth metropolitan area. Services include community based programs, inpatient care at Perth Children’s Hospital and specialised services for children with complex mental health conditions across the State of Western Australia.
Perth Children’s Hospital (PCH) is the specialist State-wide paediatric hospital and trauma centre for Western Australia, caring for children up to the age of 16. PCH is also a centre of excellence for teaching and research.
The Consultant Psychiatrist will:
- Provide comprehensive psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, and treatment and coordinates the development of management protocols of patients to support consistent appropriate interventions, and evidence-based best practice treatment.
- Participate in a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care.
- Supervise Registrars in training for RANZCP and RACP and is available for consultation and supervision of other mental health clinicians in the team as required. Available for consultation with other relevant local external agencies in relation to patient management.
- Actively participate in safety, quality and risk management strategies and accreditation processes, including management of clinical incidents.
- Actively participate in and undertakes continual service improvement and development in conjunction with the Head of Service and Service Manager.
- Collaborates liaise and advise the Head of Service and Service Manager on clinical and organisational issues affecting the service.
- Participate in the on call roster as required.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA (ABPN certified) or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
Perth is regularly ranked one of the most liveable cities, with its own premium wine region, 19 white-sand beaches and Indian Ocean sunsets. It’s located along the waters of the Swan River and the west of the city runs along the Indian Ocean. It is the state capital of Western Australia and home to around 2 million people, making it a highly multi-cultural city with a fantastic social scene boasting plenty of alfresco style cafes and restaurants.
Perth is great for families with beautiful beaches to the north and south of the city and the clean, clear coastline attracts many visitors who enjoy snorkelling, sailing, surfing or swimming with the wild dolphins that famously live in the nearby bay areas. It also offers one of the most biologically diverse regions in the world.