Seeking a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist for this beautiful coastal region of New South Wales – only an hour from Sydney!
- Enjoy great surf beaches, amazing bushwalks, local culture and food, wine and arts festivals.
- Direct train services operate at regular intervals from Sydney.
- Excellent remuneration package up to AUD$390k plus oncall dependent upon exp.
- A variety of fantastic restaurants, great shopping, acclaimed wineries, exciting attractions, national parks, and all with a warm and temperate climate.
This is your opportunity to join this well established team in the wonderful geographical environs of the south coast of New South Wales.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide high quality diagnostic and consultative specialty services in acute child and adolescent psychiatry, and there may also be times where cover to the adolescent inpatient unit will be required.
- You will consider the role of psychotropic medication, physical health, and legal frameworks in assessment and care provision.
- You will be responsible for the provision of high quality specialist psychiatry services to emergency patients, inpatients and out-patients at the relevant Hospital.
- There will be the opportunity to lead teams virtually serving consumers in the community and inpatient settings in the local area.
- Teaching and supervision of other staff, including Trainees in Psychiatry, is a key aspect of the role.
- Participate fully in the on call roster as required.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA (ABPN certified) or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team context.
Relax on white sand beaches all along the stunning coastline. Or indulge in outdoor activities like the excellent snorkelling and diving in a magical aquatic reserve, iconic surf breaks, a tranquil lake and river where you can test your SUP or kayaking skills, or a batch of activities that will get your adrenaline flowing.
Lace up your hiking boots and explore rainforests, waterfalls and hidden beaches on the trails in the local National Park.
The is also numerous cafes, restaurants, specialty shops and a splendid golf course.
How can Head Medical help you? We have a dedicated Registration Team who seamlessly manage all aspects of your regulatory and temporary work visa applications after you accept a suitable job offer, at no cost to you. Our aim is to get you ready to start work within agreed timeframes and with minimal hassle to you or your new employer.