Anaesthetic Technician, Auckland
This position is a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act & requires full safety checks completed before any new employee starts.
· Are you looking for something to suit your lifestyle?
· Do you want to be challenged professionally?
· Do you want to be part of a dynamic team?
If so, then this is the fantastic opportunity for you to work in South Auckland, New Zealand!
The employer is the largest hospital operated by Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand. We offer secondary-level (hospital and specialist) care and a selected range of community and domiciliary services for the population of Counties Manukau - the area that stretches from Otahuhu to Port Waikato. The Manukau Surgery Centre has 10 operating theatres, 2 procedure rooms and 78 inpatient beds. The Centre provides day surgery services and elective and acute arranged surgery for patients who are not expected to need access to intensive care or interventional radiology.
We are looking for Anaesthetic Technicians to join our hardworking, values focused team. Working across theatres at the hospital and Surgery Centre, this is your opportunity to work with the best.
You will enjoy working with a very supportive team and should have experience in both acute and elective areas.
This is an opportunity for someone who would like to experience the flavour of working in the public health sector where no two days are ever the same. You will be challenged professionally with an interesting elective and acute workload that brings with its diverse clinical challenges.
• Registered or eligible to register with the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand as an Anaesthetic Technician
• Eligible to obtain current Annual Practising Certificate
• Recent experience in elective and acute services
What's in it for you?
• A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
• Fantastic culture and team environment
• Refund of your annual practising certificate cost (pro rata)
• Onsite professional development sessions
• Discounted services as part of our work perks
If you are successful in your job application, we will provide you with suitable relocation assistance to move to New Zealand (Terms & Conditions apply).
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! For successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application.
Please note, if applying from overseas, only candidates who completed their Anaesthetic Technician training in the UK, Ireland, U.S, Canada or Australasia can be considered.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.