Anaesthetist - Permanent
Nelson seeks an experienced Anaesthetist to join our team.
- Permanent part time 0.75FTE (60 hours a fortnight)
- Join a team of talented individuals who work together to make a positive difference
- On-call allowance
- Nelson hospital, Nelson, New Zealand
About our team
The Nelson Marlborough region, located at the summit of the South Island in Aotearoa, New Zealand, is spectacular. It is a great place to live for both work and leisure. Nelson offers all the luxuries and attractions one would desire. It is well connected to the rest of New Zealand and the world via its centrally located and well served domestic airport terminal.
The schools are excellent. There are three national parks nearby providing ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature’s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests. Nelson, where healthcare meets adventure, offers endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports and skiing. The region is also well known for its café culture, wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle.
Nelson Marlborough has approximately 3000 employees, providing health services in the Nelson, Tasman, and Marlborough regions, serving almost 150,000 people. Facilities at Nelson Marlborough include four hospitals (Nelson, Wairau, Alexander, and Murchison), a district wide public health service, and four community health Centre's located in Richmond, Marlborough, Motueka, and Golden Bay. Our vision is for all people to live well, get well, and stay well, and our mission is to work with the people of our community to promote, encourage, and enable their health, well-being, and independence. Respect, innovation, teamwork, and integrity represent our fundamental values.
The benefits of this position
In addition to your salary, you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation, and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
About this position
The successful candidates will
- Deliver quality services to improve health of the population in Nelson region.
- Participate in the Monday to Friday rotating and 1:16 Anaesthetics on-call roster, including covering: planned care/acute patient delivery, medical after-hours on call support, pre-anaesthetic check clinics, duty and acute anaesthetic responsibilities. When rostered as the duty anaesthetist, or when covering the after-hours on call, you’ll support other departments including emergency department, medical, obstetrics and paediatric patients requiring anaesthetic support.
- Supervise and participate in teaching of junior medical workforce.
- Enjoy working and living in one of New Zealand’s most sought-after regions.
Who is an appropriate applicant?
The ideal candidates will
- Bring clinical expertise to a provincial hospital and enjoy the lifestyle the region has to offer.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practicing Certificate with a vocational scope of Anaesthesia with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Hold Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA), or equivalent.
- Work with others to promote a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing medical education and professional development.
Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines are keys to provide successful services to our patients and community. Should this be the type of environment in which you will thrive, we would like to hear from you!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.