Seeking a Consultant Adult Psychiatrist for the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Australia.
- Fantastic lifestyle. It’s called the Sunshine Coast for a reason – it’s never cold.
- Enjoy working in a modern new state of the art hospital.
- Excellent remuneration package up to AUD$406k dependent upon exp.
- Feel like you are on an eternal holiday!
This is your opportunity to join this emerging tertiary health service undergoing rapid expansion in the wonderful geographical environs of the Sunshine Coast.
Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service is seeking exceptional consultants for permanent Adult Psychiatry positions. These roles will support the expansion of both new and existing services. We are seeking interest from consultant Psychiatrists with an ability to lead the team, develop the service, and support the needs of the training registrars within these settings.
- Clinical expertise and contemporary knowledge of the provision of consumer care in Adult Psychiatry, both acute and chronic, with understanding of rehabilitation needs and Alcohol and Drug comorbidity.
- Provide direct clinical treatment and care for people with serious mental illness and associated psychiatric disability within an integrated service delivery model.
- Conduct a comprehensive, culturally appropriate, psychiatric assessment of consumers.
- Provision of Neurostimulation (ECT, TMS etc) if required and the provision of supervision for training registrars.
- Specific duties may involve ward rounds, outpatient services (including Telehealth and outreach services, if appropriate), procedural work, multidisciplinary team meetings and collaboration with other medical teams or other professional streams.
- Participate in the on-call roster to provide after-hours services in accordance with the needs of the Health Service.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA (ABPN certified) or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team context.
Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service (SCHHS) has embarked on a significant transformation journey with the opening of the Sunshine Coast University Hospital (SCUH) with further planned growth.
Sunshine Coast University Hospital (SCUH) is a tertiary, teaching hospital servicing all parts of the Sunshine Coast and Gympie regions. SCUH saw its first patients on 21 March 2017 and opened with about 450 beds, with plans to grow to 738 beds by 2021. Services and capacity at SCUH will continue to develop over the coming years.
Located about 100 km north of Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast is well-known for its pristine beaches, scenic drives and unspoiled national parks. From the ocean to the hinterland, restaurants in this region take advantage of fresh local produce. Explore beautiful Fraser Island, try surfing or swimming with whales.
With an abundance of primary and secondary schools, technical colleges and a university, there’s something for everyone.