Consultant Psychiatrist seeking a new professional challenge and a warmer climate?
Situated on a peninsula, Bunbury is a cosmopolitan city that can offer you an amazing work/life balance, as well as the classic Australian lifestyle for you and your family.
- Attractive remuneration package up to AUD$452,806k pa (subject to level of experience)
- First class quality of life, without stresses and demands of city living and city costs
- Beautiful coastal city only 90 minutes’ drive to Perth
- 1hr drive to world famous Margaret River Wine Region
You will be accountable for the clinical management of patients (including families and carers) of the South West Mental Health Service as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Provide clinical services primarily to the Acute Psychiatric Unit (APU), Bunbury Hospital but to the whole region as required in agreement with the Clinical Director and Regional Mental Health Manager.
- Supervise work of junior medical staff.
- Participate in the oncall roster.
- Advise and help with new referrals, support liaison psychiatry service if needed.
- Ensure you maintain your own professional development.
- Participate in a continuous QA process.
- Initiate and participate in audits.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA (ABPN certified) or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team context.
Bunbury and the South West Region of Australia offer professional people an exceptional mix of lifestyle and residential opportunities. A seaside city that offers protected beach bays minutes from local bars and restaurants, boutique shops and alluring coffee houses and cafés dotting street art corners and hidden alleyways. One minute you can be walking down the main street, and in the next hit the water where wild bottlenose dolphins can be spotted close to shore.
The nearby Ferguson Valley or Margaret River region is an absolute must for lovers of wine. Cape Mentelle, Vasse Felix and Leeuwin Estate are just some of the exceptional vineyards there.
The Indian Ocean provides a sanctuary for the famous dolphins and its beaches are a haven for those seeking to get away from it all. For those who want to watch their children play in the sand, or those who just want to unwind, to surf, walk or simply be close to the sea; Bunbury offers the classic Aussie lifestyle.