Thinking about moving to London? The IGPR benefits & streamlined CEGPR medical registration route are now open to GP’s qualified from Australia, New Zealand, Canada and South Africa!
Whereas the International GP Recruitment (IGPR) programme initially focused on doctors from the European Economic Area (EEA), the programme has now expanded over the last year to include doctors from outside the EEA.
The GP registration process has been significantly streamlined for doctors qualified in:
- Australia, who completed their training after 2009
- New Zealand, who completed their training after 2012
- South Africa, who completed their training after 2007
- Canada, who completed their training after 2009
An in-depth mapping study of curricula has shown the health care context, training and assessments in these countries to be close in many aspects to the UK GP training programme. Therefore, the amount of evidence required for this type of CEGPR application is substantially reduced, and the application time is only about 3 months.
Even better news is that candidates coming through via this route are eligible for all the IGPR benefits and support. These include but are not limited to:
- Generous relocation package to cover travel and transportation of belongings/furniture
- Temporary serviced accommodation for when you first arrive, as well as support to find a suitable long term property
- Commuting allowance of £500 for the first 28 days in post
- GMC registration fees and DBS / OH checks reimbursed
- Contribution towards Indemnity Insurance
Have you been thinking about moving to London and would you like to find out more? Contact Tina with a copy of your cv!