NHS England are currently recruiting for 2000 EU-trained GPs / Family Medicine Specialists to come to the UK to live and work. The process is probably easier and more straightforward than you might think, and our dedicated UK team will be on hand throughout the journey to make everything as easy as possible.
Here are the main steps in the application process:
- Send your CV to email@example.com. A member of our UK GP team will contact you for an initial chat about the scheme and your experience.
- Complete the IELTs or OET language test. For expert guidance and help preparing for your test you can visit Specialist Language Courses – the UK’s leading provider of medical English language courses. Quote HEAD10 at checkout to get 10% discount on courses.
- Download the My GMP App to access the General Medical Council’s (GMC) ethical practice guidelines and prepare for your registration. You will then have your first interview with the NHS via Skype.
- We will arrange for you to visit London for your second interview, where you will find out more about the locations where you may be working and meet other international GPs. Your flights, onward travel and accommodation are all arranged and paid for on your behalf. The second interview starts with an evening welcome meal where you will get to meet other candidates attending the second interview, presentations from NHS England, GMC and Health Education England and a panel interview on day 1 followed by a tour of Medical Practices and places of interest in the area you’ve been allocated on day 2.
- Once you pass your second interview, you will be ready to join the IGPR programme! Now it is time to find out which practice you will be working at and where in London you will be based.
- It’s time to join the Induction & Refresher Scheme where you’ll be provided with a minimum of 3 months training and observation in your practice. You will then spend a minimum of 6 months treating patients with supervision and support from a senior GP at the practice
- Our support doesn’t end there – we'll assist you with your move to the UK, including providing you with free accommodation for your first 28 days from arrival, plus free transport to work for the same duration. We will also assist you with finding suitable rental accommodation to move into after your first 28 days is over.
- And there are other financial benefits to joining the IGPR Scheme such as:
- Up to £8,500 in relocation costs
- Your GMC registration costs will be refunded
- Costs of any visas will be refunded
- London weighting additional payments will apply for GPs based in the city
- Up to £500 towards English Language Training should you require additional help in this area
To find out more, contact our UK team on +44 (0)131 240 5268 or email UK@headmedical.com