The Bay of Plenty isn't just a beautiful place to live and work, there's also lots to see and do, so we've pulled together a selection of our favourite activities to get you started:
- Learn to surf off Mount Maunganui’s white sand beaches
- Enjoy a 30-minute jet boat ride on the spectacular Kaituna River
- Swim with the regions friendliest dolphins with one of the many tour operators in the area
- Visit McLaren Falls, 170 hectares of beautiful lake land reserve
- Experience the nightlife on the The Strand in Tauranga with live music and clubs
- Unwind at the Mount Hot Salt Water Pools at the base of Mount Maunganui
- Explore local wines at two award-winning estates – Morton Estate in Katikati and Mills Reef in Tauranga (both offer free wine tasting!)
- Take a tour around a working kiwifruit orchard
- Experience the historic walkway Nga Tapuwae o Toi. This 16km walk takes in cliffs, bird colonies, beautiful bays and pohutukawa forests
- Take a look at the works of master Maori carvers along the main street in Opotiki
- The Tauranga Art Gallery on the corner of Wharf and Willow Streets showcases exhibitions of historical, modern, and abstract art
- Visit the award winning fresh fish market on Dive Crescent (Tauranga) for some of the region’s tastiest fish and chips.
- During harvest time, stop at a roadside stall to pick up your fruit and veggies, straight from the growers’ gardens
- Pick up a map from Katikati’s information centre, then stroll the streets to inspect the town’s numerous hand painted murals
Download our full Bay of Plenty - Location Guide for more information on living and working in this stunning region.
You can also check out all of the positions we currently have available in New Zealand on our Jobs page.
For further information on all of the fantastic locations we recruit to browse the rest of our blog or visit our homepage.