Food. We need it. We love it. And we certainly love talking about it – you would only need to listen into conversations in the office to find out how much!
So, how is this relevant to Head Medical and why is there a blog titled 'Food Glorious Food' I hear you ask…The majority of us here have either lived in, travelled, worked in or originally hail from Australia or New Zealand. So, not only do we have first-hand knowledge of the areas we recruit to, we also have fond food memories and miss some of the products on offer there that you just can’t seem to get elsewhere. We’ve been talking about our favourite NZ and Aussie foods and snacks and thought it would be nice to share them with you – below are a selection of our antipodean favourites, why not try them out and let us know what your favourites are?
Scrumptious Sweet Things
- The affordability and availability of an astonishing array of fresh fruit
- Hokey Pokey ice cream – vanilla ice cream with pieces of crunchy honeycomb
- Tim Tams - biscuits filled with flavoured cream, covered in milk chocolate. If you fancy a variation, here's a recipe for making tim tam tarts with raspberries and tim tam soil
- Cherry Ripe – a dark chocolate bar with cherries and coconut. Here's a recipe for cherry ripe truffles
- Rashuns – cheese and bacon flavour corn snacks
- Onion dip – check this recipe for this traditional NZ dip
- Deliciously fresh seafood
- Vegemite - spread made from yeast extract
- Arnott’s Shapes – Flavoured savoury crackers
- L+P – lemon (L) soft drink made with mineral water from the town of Paeroa (P)
- Sparkling Red Wine from the Hunter Valley – perfect served chilled on a hot evening
- Plus: fresh smoothie and juice bars on almost every corner – mmm perfect!
And some favourite food experiences:
- Eggs benedict and mango smoothie for brunch from a café overlooking Manly Ocean Beach
- The best Thai food outside of Thailand
- Winning the ‘meat raffle’ on a Friday night at the local hotel then having a great barbecue
What food items will you miss after you’ve made your move? Will you be begging family and friends left behind to send you any particular items? We’d love to hear your foodie thoughts…
If you are interested to try any of these foods but are not going to this part of the world, Sanza offer a wide range and ships overseas.