Singapore has a world-class healthcare system that is being reviewed as a model by the Obama administration’s healthcare team as it explores ways to reform the US healthcare system. In 2000, Singapore’s healthcare system was ranked by the World Health Organization (WHO) as the best in Asia – ahead of Hong Kong and Japan. We have an excellent opportunity for a Vascular and General Surgeon to join the largest academic healthcare cluster, in Singapore.
Our client is seeking Consultants who meet the following requirements:
- Completed higher specialist training in the UK, Hong Kong, Ireland, North America, Canada or Australia.
- Happy to do Approx 50/50 split between Vascular Surgery and General Surgery
- A level of either Mandarin, Malay or Tamil will be advantageous
- Please note that the career path for a specialist in Singapore follows Associate consultant, Consultant and Senior consultant. We are supporting with hiring of specialists at Associate consultant and Consultant level for this department.
The new hospital which will set the future for Singapore will be a 1400 bed integrated development and will deliver holistic, multi-disciplinary and patient-centric care covering all major healthcare disciplines.
With access to a network of tertiary academic specialist hospitals and national centres, the hospital will work alongside primary care physicians, polyclinics and intermediate-and-long term care providers to offer a unified healthcare experience in north-eastern Singapore.
What you can expect:
- 2017 start dates available
- Salary range of CIRCA 200,000 - 350,000 Singapore dollars per annum
- World class operating facilities
- Full support with on-boarding and learning the Singapore healthcare system
- Teaching and academic opportunities
- Specialist allowance and housing allowance on offer
- Relocation assistance provided for foreign applicants
- Medical benefits
- Low tax rates of 12.5% - 15%
Singapore is a bustling cosmopolitan city populated with high-rise buildings and landscape gardens. Brimming with a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture, Singapore is a dynamic city that’s rich in contrast and colour that embodies the finest of both East and West.
There are numerous shopping malls, museums, and dining and entertainment hotspots to choose from. Alternatively, you could choose to discover Singapore’s old world charm. You can explore and experience the island’s key historical landmarks or memorials or you could embark on a heritage trail and enjoy the sights and sounds at various cultural precincts, notably Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam.
Singapore’s population is highly diverse; with a patient flow of Chinese, Malay, Indian and westerners as regular clientele, cultural appreciation is required.
What Head Medical can do for you:
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.