We are currently recruiting a Transfusion Medicine Specialist based in New Zealand’s capital, Wellington
- Vibrant and cosmopolitan capital city of New Zealand
- Diverse lifestyle options for all the family - restaurants, cafes, beaches, Te Papa Museum, NZ movie hub
You will be part of an essential service which employs 560 people across its centres in New Zealand. The service supports the health sector with safe blood products on a time critical basis.
The Wellington Blood Centre is responsible for collecting and processing approximately 40,000 donations annually and provides a comprehensive transfusion service to Wellington Hospitals. The centre has an active donor apheresis unit and therapeutic venesection programme. You will also provide supervision and support to rotating Haematology Registrars and be actively involved in the Registrar Training Programme. Opportunities exist to participate in research and development and there may also be an opportunity to include Haematology sessions based in Wellington Hospital as part of the role. There is a 1:3 on call element roster
As New Zealand’s capital, this fabulous city (population 350,000) is the political and cultural centre of the country, offering the luxury of living in a small city with big city advantages, with a magnificent harbour framed by hills. The relatively young and affluent population is reflected in the excellent range of schools, the extraordinary range of cultural events and more cafes and restaurants per head of population than New York. Housing is affordable and of a high quality with a range of lifestyle options whether you want to live in a city apartment, beach house or country property. Nearly every inhabitant lives within 3km of the coast. Beyond the city and its beautiful harbour you have wild and rugged coastline, mountains, ski fields, wineries and historical towns all within easy reach making this a perfect lifestyle destination.
For further information about things to see and do in Wellington click here.
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand.
- There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward, so if you refer a Friend and we place them, you’ll receive £500! Click here for details…