An exciting opportunity is currently available for a Medical Oncologist to join the Hervey Bay Hospital within the Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service.
The Hervey Bay and Fraser Island region is a stunning part of Australia. If you love the outdoor lifestyle, there is so much to see and do, both on the water or on land.
- Competitive remuneration package value up to $411K (dependent upon experience)
- Overtime & on-call allowances are in addition to the package above.
- Fantastic lifestyle opportunities in a lovely subtropical region
- Short flight from Brisbane
- Beautiful coastal location – sail, dive, swim, kayak, surf or paddleboard the beautiful blue ocean
- See and experience first hand the diverse marine and wild life.
The Role and Hospital
- Provide expert Medical Oncology care and advice to patients attending Cancer Care Services (out-patient and in-patient) at the Hervey Bay Hospital.
- Provide professional leadership in the area of medical oncology within a multidisciplinary environment.
- Provide training, education and supervision to junior medical staff and other health care team members.
Across the Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service, a range of specialty services are provided including acute care, surgical, medical, maternity, mental health rehabilitation and aged care services. Hervey Bay and Bundaberg Hospitals provide care in some major adult specialties and provide support to the surrounding smaller rural hospitals in the Health Service.
Hervey Bay Hospital has built a reputation for excellence especially in professional education and attracts medical and nursing programs in conjunction with the University of Queensland (UQ), University of Southern Queensland (USQ), Central Queensland University (CQU) and Queensland University of Technology (QUT).
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
The Fraser Coast is one of the most rapidly growing regional centres in Queensland with Hervey Bay listed as one of Queensland’s best natural holiday destinations. Situated only 3 hours drive north of Brisbane, with direct flights daily to Brisbane & Sydney, the region is very accessible, enjoys a mild sub-tropical climate as well as being the renowned whale watching capital of Australia.
The World Heritage Listed Fraser Island and Lady Elliot Island are just a short distance away plus there is the opportunity to view humpback whales from July-November. During their annual migration, Humpback whales take time out in the protected waters of Hervey Bay. The whales perform a variety of behaviours providing a spectacular display for visitors and locals.
A range of cosmopolitan and alfresco cafes, shops, parklands, picnic areas, playgrounds along the Esplanade and a vibrant marina there is plenty to see and do.
For more information about this position, great hospital and the amazing lifestyle on offer, please call Karen Prosser on +44 (0)131 240 5255 or email@example.com