Is it time to move ‘downunder’ for sunshine and work/life balance?
We’re looking for an Emergency Medicine Staff Specialist to join the Emergency Department at Wagga Wagga Base Hospital.
- Growing Emergency Department, join a team of experienced Specialists
- Competitive remuneration package value up to $362k (dependent upon experience)
- Access to an extensive range of salary packaging options including novated leasing, meal and entertainment
- Opportunity to live in one of Australia’s most family friendly cities
The Role and Hospital
- A diverse clinical case mix 24% paediatric and O&G.
- A significant amount of trauma and all the acute presentations that made you want to do Emergency Medicine as a career.
- Potential to develop an interest in simulation, ultrasound, trauma, toxicology education or short stay medicine as a senior member of the department.
Built in 2016, Wagga Wagga Base Hospital is a 325 bed Referral Hospital and supports over 40,000 emergency presentations, 1,100 births and approximately 11,000 operations each year.
The Emergency Department is equipped with telehealth cameras to connect the team in Wagga Wagga with other specialists or GPs across the state through the Critical Care Advisory Service.
Wagga Wagga Base Hospital is a major trauma centre and provides services including critical care, medical, surgical, paediatric, obstetric, rehabilitation care, mental health acute and sub-acute inpatient services.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Emergency Medicine (FACEM) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
Wagga Wagga is the largest regional city in New South Wales with an urban population of over 60,000 residents, nestled on the banks of the Murrumbidgee River.
Wagga Wagga offers a myriad of activities to enjoy, including a wonderful selection of restaurants, cafes, markets and wineries, galleries and museums. It has terrific gardens and recreational areas and caters to both the cultural and sporting enthusiasts.
There are extensive education options from early childhood through to tertiary.
Wagga Wagga is located midway between the two largest cities in Australia – Sydney and Melbourne.
For more information about this position, great hospital and the amazing lifestyle on offer, please call Karen Prosser on +44 131 240 5255 or email@example.com