Are you an NHS-experienced doctor within Urology looking to work in a close, supportive team?
A great opportunity has arisen for a Specialty Doctor in Urology to join a small but punchy hospital group in a beautiful region of South West Scotland.
The department is part of the “managed clinical network” for cancer services for the South East of Scotland. As such, the oncology services are supported by the cancer facilities in Edinburgh.
At present, emergency admissions are accepted via the General Surgical team and the local on-site Urology team will be consulted when a Urology issue is confirmed.
What’s on offer for you?
- Salary scale between £ 54,903- £ 85,554
- Reasonable house prices, schools are rated highly and you are within 2 hours of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Lake District and Newcastle.
- Regular educational and research meetings are held locally, and the department participates in national education events via video conferencing.
- Generously funded study leave is available.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Blue light discounts
About the Trust:
- This District hospital and Mental Health hospital based in South West Scotland with a population of around 150,000 residents is purpose-built to suit the needs of the staff and patients and is one of the only NHS hospitals in the UK to have all single en-suite rooms which has seen an increase in recovery time!
- The education centre is one of the centres to be fully refurbished recently and includes a clinical skills and observation /control room.
- One of the key achievements and something they do well in this group is the introduction of new models of workforce to make a sustainable future for the community.
- Recently they have introduced the new SCOTGEM rural medicine programme which has attracted a new talent of medical students to the area, as well as introducing a Clinical Development Fellows programme where they have added an additional 20+ staff giving additional support at lower to middle grades.
- A trust which supports, listens, and develops its staff helping create a positive and constructive organisational culture across the board.
- Full GMC Registration
- MBBS or equivalent
- NHS Experience in Urology
- MD or equivalent higher qualification
- Experience in ensuring patient safety & person-centred approach.
- Identifying context for change
- Encouraging improvement and innovation
- Experience of planning, and managing resources & people
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV or simply email email@example.com for more information. We would love to hear from you.