Job Title: Permanent Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine - Manchester
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team in the role of Permanent Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine. Our client is one of the largest NHS Trusts in England boasting a size of 750+ employees.
The successful applicant will provide excellent clinical care for patients in the Emergency Department, working closely within a multi-disciplinary care team. They will be responsible for the day-to-day management of patients’ emergency care and supporting junior colleagues. The role requires the doctor to act as a mentor and provide medical input in both the Acute Medical Services Unit and Emergency Department.
We are looking for an applicant who ideally holds a career-grade post in Emergency Medicine or equivalent, with relevant experience in teaching junior levels in a hospital setting.
What’s on offer for you?
- Salary scale between £ 52,530 - £82,400
- Work for a forward-thinking NHS Trust that is able to support many subspecialty interests within medicine.
- Benefit from a bespoke training programme and quality improvement activities.
- Parking available at Trust sites
- Undertake a weekly timetable based on a 40-44 hour working week of clinical work plus 4 hours paid training/administrative time.
- A work schedule that includes nights and a maximum of 1 in 3 weekends. All rotas are compliant with the current terms and conditions as depicted in the junior doctor contract. Details of the work schedule can be made available upon request
About the Trust
- England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of £2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts.
- Creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on their services every year.
- Create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of the organisation together.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Evaluation, examination and management of emergency cases assessed in the Emergency Department.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of clinical services to ensure continuity of care.
- Manage and control access to the service to ensure it remains effective and responsive.
- Participate in regular audits, research, training and development.
- Provide on-call cover in the absence of more senior doctors when requested.
- Liaise with other clinical teams to ensure seamless patient care.
- Ensure care pathways are followed and safety and clinical governance practices are adhered to.
- Must hold a career grade in Emergency Medicine or equivalent.
- 12+ months UK or Irish experience working in Emergency Medicine at ST3+ level or above.
- A minimum of 4 years postgraduate experience in a relevant field.
- Current GMC registration including a valid license to practice.
- Up-to-date experience and knowledge of life-saving skills.
- ALS, ATLS
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and team working skills.
- Sound clinical decision-making skills.
- Strong assessment and diagnostic abilities.
- Academic experience - research and/ or teaching
- Experience in Anaesthesia / Critical Care
- Membership of MRCEM
Please get in touch with a copy of your CV or simply email email@example.com for more information. We would love to hear from you