Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine (CESR support) required in North Yorkshire
- Are you passionate in providing high quality emergency patient care?
- Do you want a working environment that supports your clinical and academic development?
- Do you want to become a Consultant in Emergency Medicine?
- Are you looking to be part of an experienced and supportive MDT?
Head Medical are pleased to be working with a leading Teaching Hospital in beautiful North Yorkshire and are delighted to offer Specialty Doctors the opportunity available within the hospital’s Emergency Medicine Department.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative department dedicated to providing high quality emergency patient care. The successful candidate will broaden their clinical knowledge and experience stimulating challenges. They will be part of an enthusiastic and motivated team who will support their clinical and personal development.
To be successful in this role candidates must have full registration with the General Medical Council & licence to practice; a minimum of four years’ postgraduate training (or the equivalent), two of which must be in a relevant specialty or have equivalent experience and competencies. We will work with you to create a mutually agreed job plan.
The hospital is passionate about developing their workforce and are delighted to support their doctors in enhancing their professional development, including doctors who want to work towards gaining the Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR) in Emergency Medicine.
They will support individuals in the training required to achieve Specialist Registration via the CESR route. The successful candidate will have a dedicated Supervisor who will guide them to achieve the competencies required with a training plan tailored to your learning needs. You will undertake rotations to other departments modelled on ACCS completion including Anaesthetics & Critical Care for one-year, Acute Medicine for six months and a further six months in Paediatrics to build your knowledge, skills and experience. Amongst our Consultants are Life Support Instructors and College Examiners in addition to those having Management roles (Assoc MD), Education roles (Sim Lead and HEE) and an interest in Pre-hospital Care.
Benefits of joining the Trust include:
- In joining this Trust, you will be eligible for a range of Staff Benefits including discounts in childcare, Travel/holidays, shopping and entertainment as well as the opportunity to join a range of travel schemes.
- If you will be relocating to work in the hospital there will be support with a generous relocation package.
- To continue your development, they will provide you with a paid Study Leave allowance of 30 days over three years.
- The hospital has reintroduced the role of Associate Specialist at the Trust to support the development of all Specialty Doctors.
- They have signed the SAS Charter and increased both annual leave and SPA entitlement for SAS grades.
- The Trust have strong links with Hull York Medical School and can further support your academic development and teaching opportunities.
Want to know a little more? Get in touch with Allison on 0131 240 5287 or email email@example.com.
**If this post isn't right for you at this time please feel free to share with your friends and colleagues who might be interested. We pay £500 referral fee for successfully placed candidates.**