Unique roles within Emergency Medicine/Critical Care/ICU - Sunshine Coast, Queensland
- Start dates available from September 2022- February 2023
- 12 month contract, suited to PGY3 and above
- Pristine surf beaches, scenic drives, and unspoiled national parks
- Urban living (restaurants, night-life zones, and a busy café culture in many coastal suburbs)
The Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service delivers a comprehensive range of speciality services across 5 major hospital facilities. The Sunshine Coast Health Service also offers sub-acute, community care, residential aged care, mental health, and oral health services across a range of community facilities
SCUH is a tertiary-level hospital with a catchment of over 340,000 people. Currently offering, 602 beds with a planned expansion to 738 beds in the next few years. SCUH is also the home of the Sunshine Coast Health Institute (SCHI), a Research, Education and Training Hub. SCHI partners include UQ, Griffith, USC and TAFE QLD. Griffith’s Sunshine Coast School of Medicine opened onsite in 2019.
Ordinary hours of duty are 76 hours per fortnight. Appointment is not facility specific, you may be required to work at any facility within the health service.
- SHO (PGY3) – SALARY $94,401 PA plus professional development allowance, superannuation and on call
- Accommodation for initial arrival
- Return airfare
Located about 100 km north of Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast is well-known for its sub-tropical climate, pristine beaches, scenic drives, and unspoiled national parks. The Sunshine Coast region spans from the city of Caloundra, near Brisbane to Cooloola. Cooloola is known for the Great Sandy National Park (Fraser Coast Region) where you can explore beautiful Fraser Island- why not swim with whales or try surfing!
From the ocean to the hinterland, restaurants in this region take advantage of fresh local produce offering wonderful dining experiences. There are also several wineries in the region.